Daniel Schackman Memorial Fund for Students
Established in 2012 through the generosity of friends and family of Daniel Shackman to support the presentation work of Communication and Digital Media and Journalism majors at academic conferences and in peer-reviewed and public competitions.
The purpose of this fund is to defray the expenses of students studying within the departments of Communication and/or Digital Media and Journalism who wish to present their academic work at a conference or submit their creative work for review or evaluation by a recognized organization.
This scholarship is open only students majoring or minoring in Communication or Digital Media and Journalism or a student whose work is a direct and immediate result of study within one of the courses within Communication or Digital Media and Journalism.
Applications open in Fall and Spring – *_apply during _the semester of travel* .
Awards will be given during the semester of travel, receipts will be required for before funding is dispersed.
- Varies (up to $500)
- Communication, Digital Media, Journalism Scholarships, Liberal Arts and Science Scholarships, Travel Award
- Supplemental Questions
- What is the name of the conference?
- What is the date of the conference?
- Please provide a budget for your attending the conference. List a breakdown of expenses (registration, travel, housing, and/or other needs).
- Please upload a description of the work you will be presenting at an academic conference and in a peer-reviewed and public competition.