Dr. Chigurupati Seshu Memorial Scholarship Endowment in Economics
Established in 2003, through the generosity of family and friends of Professor Chigurupati Rama Seshu. Born in India on June 15, 1935, he received his bachelor’s degree in economics in 1956 from Andhra University, A.P, India, and his master’s degree in economics from Saugor University, M.P., India. He moved to New York City in 1960 and earned his Ph.D. in economics in 1972 from the New School for Social Research. Seshu arrived in New Paltz as a visiting lecturer in the department of economics and business administration in 1967. In 1972, he was promoted to associate professor. He was Director of Institutional Research from 1974 to 1977.
This is award is intended to support students who major in economics and have a minimum GPA of 3.2. Preference will be given to full time enrollment for students who will be enrolled in 5 upper division classes over two semesters of study. Students must rising juniors or senior standing and enrolled in courses at the time of awarding.
- Varies (up to 1000)
- Economics Scholarships, Liberal Arts and Science Scholarships, Undergraduate
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a statement expressing your commitment to the field of economics.
- Please indicate what upper division classes you anticipate taking during the next academic year: (not all classes are offered during a given year but select any that may apply)
- Applicants can request a letter of recommendation by submitting the email address of the person you wish a recommendation from. You should notify these individuals to expect an email. You are responsible for ensuring the recommendations are submitted by the application deadline. Please use their newpaltz.edu email address if they are a faculty member.
- Second letter of recommendation