Bernard Aratowsky Memorial Scholarship
Established in 1986, by members of the History and the Foreign Language departments of SUNY New Paltz, and also by family and friends. The award is designed to commemorate the contributions made by Dr. Aratowsky and to promote the study of the classics. The applicant must have reached junior status at the time of application and completed a minimum of six credits in ancient history, Greek or Latin at the time of application. The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.33 (B+) in the field of classics and submit an essay dealing with the study of the classics.
- History Scholarships, Liberal Arts and Science Scholarships, Undergraduate
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you completed a minimum of six credits in ancient history, Greek or Latin with at least a 3.33 GPA in all Classics coursework at the time of application?
- Submit an essay from your coursework dealing with the study of the classics.
- Applicants can request a letter of recommendation by submitting the email address of the person you wish a recommendation from. You should notify these individuals to expect an email. You are responsible for ensuring the recommendations are submitted by the application deadline. Please use their newpaltz.edu email address if they are a faculty member.
- Second letter of recommendation